Hot Air Balloon Flight ex Mareeba
Depart Cairns early morning to travel to Mareeba Valley on the Atherton Tablelands. The balloons are inflated in a spectacular display, and prepared for flight. The first flight gracefully lifts off, while passengers for the second 30 min flight board the coach and chase the balloon to it’s landing site. The second flight lifts off while the passengers from the first flight travel aboard the coach to the pack-up site. Have fun helping pack-up our giant Balloons before boarding the coach back to your accommodation in time to enjoy the rest of your day.
– 30 minute scenic Tablelands balloon flight
– Flight certificate
– Accommodation Transfers – Mareeba
– Civil Aviation & other insurance charges, takeoff/landing fee, transfer costs, GST & administration charges of $30.00pp is payable on the day of travel.
**Bring with you:**
Ticket, Warm clothing (winter months)(white clothing not recommended as it is easily stained by the volcanic red soil), comfortable shoes (no high hells), camera, video camera, money for souvenirs & aviation levy
Ballooning is not suitable for anyone who is pregnant and you must be able to climb into the basket and stand for the duration of the flight
– 04:10 – 0600 Pick up from accommodation and travel to Mareeba, via the Kuranda Range.
– 06:00 – 06:30 A suitable launch site is decided (depending on weather variation and wind direction), and the balloon is prepared for take-off.
– 06:30 – 07:45 Depending on passenger numbers there are generally two 30 minute flights operated. The first group takes to the air while the second group embarks on an exciting balloon chase from the ground. This is the perfect time to look out for awakening birdlife & wildlife. The groups then swap activities, while those on a 1 hour flight remain in the basket. As you are carried on the breeze, take in the surrounding panorama, inland towards the Outback and east towards the hills that form part of the Great Dividing Range & which separate the Tablelands from the coast. Photo opportunities abound and don’t forget to smile for the in-flight photograph taken by cameras suspended as if in mid-air.
– 07:45 – 08:15 Help to dismantle balloon from basket.
– 08:30 – 09:00 Comfort stop with opportunity to view in-flight photos taken which are available for purchase.
– 09:00 – 10:00 Return to Cairns accommodation. Rest of day at leisure